- 10 Self-Love Infused Things To Do Instead Of Another Crappy Date
- 4 Odd Signs The Person You Just Started Dating Is Seriously Bad News
- Too Damaged To Date: 8 Ways To Avoid Letting The Past Ruin Your Future
- What I Learned From Dating 12 Men in 6 Months
- Is It Possible To Have a Good Relationship With Your Polar Opposite?
- Are You An Introvert? How To Date Without Driving Yourself Crazy
- The Extroverted Woman’s Guide to Dating (and Mating With) An Introvert
- 18 Real Online Dating Lessons I Learned the Hard Way
- Why You Should Hold Out For “The Stomach Flip” Before Deciding If He’s Right For You
- “I met this great guy online, how do I get him to ask me out?”
All posts by Dr. Lisa Kaplin
Is Having Kids The Only Legit Reason To Tie The Knot Anymore?
In today’s world, it’s astonishingly easy to get married and divorced. It seems that marriage is undertaken with less forethought and research than buying a car. But traditional marriage is apparently on its deathbed. Notable psychotherapist and author of Mating in Captivity, Ester Perel suggests that children are...
- Posted February 19, 2016
You Already Know Trying To Change Him Is A Dead End, So Try This Instead
A lot of people ask me “how can I change my partner?” My short answer is, “you can’t.” My longer answer is that you can’t change them and you shouldn’t try. This doesn’t mean you should accept...
- Posted February 12, 2016
Why Is Marriage Such a Raw Deal For Women?
In this article and many other studies there seems to be evidence that women aren’t as happy with marriage as men are. In fact, women are seeking divorce more frequently than men yet they aren’t ending non-marriage...
- Posted February 7, 2016
Accept Them Or Leave Them— These Are Your Only REAL Choices
There Are a Lot of Unhappy Relationships Out There Half of us get divorced and it seems like a big chunk of the other half isn’t very happy. So what’s the real problem? Well if we take out abuse...
- Posted January 2, 2016
3 Major Relationship Insights After 25 Years of Marriage
A few weeks ago my husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. If you know us well, you may be saying to yourself, “It’s a miracle.” Honestly, you wouldn’t be too far off. Marriage certainly hasn’t...
- Posted December 26, 2015
4 Brutal Truths I Need My Daughter To Know Before She Says “I Do”
As my daughter moves through adolescence and toward adulthood, there are a few critical things I want her to know about marriage. While I want her to find true love in her life, I can’t sell her...
- Posted December 21, 2015
6 Blunt, IMPORTANT Things I Want My Daughter To Know About Men
Dear Daughter, Throughout your lifetime you will run into lots of advice about how to “catch” a man, how to “be attractive” to men, how to “keep” a man… the list goes on. Can I tell you...
- Posted December 14, 2015
Why Unconditional Love Is Ideal For Your Pets (NOT Your Spouse!)
Have you heard this joke? “Here’s a quick test to see who has unconditional love for you. Lock your partner and your dog in the trunk of your car. Go back in one hour and open the...
- Posted December 4, 2015